JWare/AntXtras Properties Editor for Ant (PEd4Ant) is a collection of components for creating and manipulating standard Java properties files from within Ant script. To use PEd4Ant you just load its antlib into your Ant runtime. If you need to do lots of custom properties manipulation, while preserving the original source as much as possible, you will find PEd4Ant very useful.
- 100% Ant, 100% Java Properties– handled as objects not unstructured text.
- Preserves loaded structure including whitespace like comments.
- Has a full suite of operations: insert, delete, update, test, [un]comment, copy.
- Can read local source or remote source properties; .xml or .properties format.
- Supports editing in place with auto-backup and auto-save per edit.
- Can merge one or more sources into a single output while applying changes.
- Can create and manipulate pure in-memory properties objects.
- Go to the PEd4Ant Feature Request Tracker to submit your own enhancement and new feature requests against the latest version.